Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Art of Change


Viernes (Friday) 22 Octubre, 2010

Well…if you hadn’t noticed…I’ve been on what one 
would call a mini-sabbatical. Actually I guess I just fell 
out of the habit of writing since I returned from my U.S. 
trip or maybe…it was just plain laziness. Whatever the 
case…I’m BA-AACCKKKK J

Anyway…I do have some new updating to share J

What pray tell…you ask…
has he gone and done this time? Actually…it’s not 
anything major…but it does require some work on my 
part. However…I need to back-peddle and in doing 
that you will probably determine...the “cause and effect”.

When I first moved into my apartemento…as most new
renters…I was indeed excited. Being in the very heart 
of Cuenca one could not feel anything "but" excitement. 
The down-side of all this was the fact that my 
apartemento had two…of what I then thought were 
minor inconveniences. One was of course the “pseudo” 
kitchen and the other was the “absence” of a...
true bedroom. 

If you haven’t already guessed my news...
well here it is.

As of 1 Noviembre…I shall [once again] be moving.

Now this is definitely not a big move…however it is a 
move that will keep me firmly within grasp the my 
current neighborhood..,albeit a tiny bit further from 
El Parke Calderone.         

The good thing about my forthcoming move is that…
my new habitat will be within the bounds of a 
“Professional Building” complete with a bank...Doctors...
Lawyers and also a guard at the front entry portal.

The building itself is situated on one of the main east-
bound streets in Cuenca…which thankfully carries...
No Buses.

My soon-to-be apartemento is situated on the seventh 
(7thfloor and yes...it’s accessible via elevator and or 
stairs. The stairs incidentally will be used by yours truly 
when I feel the need for exercise. This by the way has 
become a “daily” habit…No Joke!

Now as for the apartemento…there is plenty of large 
glass areas…it’s a bit larger than my current place and 
yes…it contains a "real" bedroom and (not that I need 
both)…but two (2) bathrooms.

The kitchen is a real kitchen this time. However it is tiny.
Picture a fairly wider than normal hallway with all the
accoutrements of a kitchen...and you’ll have a 
reasonable mental picture as to what I’m trying to 
convey to you.

I will however say this…the kitchen has a fair amount of
working space along with plenty of storage areas. On 
the upside…the owner [literally]…yesterday had a new 
gas range and refrigerator delivered to the apartemento.
Hopefully…
both items are already installed at this juncture.

Incidentally…there is quite a large [pass-through] 
opening between the kitchen and the living room which 
lends a much needed airiness to the overall ambience.

And speaking of the living room…
it’s approximately twice the size of my current one and 
includes “real” furniture. This by the way contrasts 
sharply with the [almost] “lawn type” furniture I now have. 
By the way...the same thing is in evidence concerning 
the bedroom furniture.

As for closet space…how does a walk-in closet sound
for the bedroom plus…waaay too much storage area...
more that I can ever take advantage of.

So…all-in-all…
this looks as though this will be a good move.

Oh almost forgot. 
The monthly rent...$300 bucks + electric...gas and wi-fi. 
All told...under $350. Oh and No Lease!

As for anything else on the immediate horizon…

In about 2 hours I am meeting a friend and together we
will go and pre-pay a day-trip for this coming Sunday to
nearby "artisan" towns. I really don’t expect much…as 
this is a“tourist” geared outing but…it is something I’ve 
been planning for quite awhile and am looking foreword 
to the chance of "gettin' outta’ Dodge" for a day.

Hopefully I will have absorbed enough culture etc. and 
will then be able to extrapolate on this event in the very
near future.

I sincerely hope I haven’t bored you today…but moving 
into a new place…anywhere...and especially in a foreign 
country is not something that happens everyday. Yes…
I know I’ve moved recently…but this just seems more of 
the “permanent” type (hope so)!

Hasta Pronto J



No comments:

Post a Comment