Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"A Short Update"


When there’s nothing to write about…

This absence of excitement…
is mainly due to life (for me anyway) being in somewhat 
of a neutral state of affairs which by the way…
is not a bad thing.

Now this is not to say that I haven’t been active 
(OK…a little bit anyway).

I did take a day trip with mi amigo Charlie to a place 
called Ingapirca. This incidentally…translates to...
“Wall of the Inca”. Now don’t get bent out of shape as…
I’m not going to give you a lesson in Inca ruins (whew)...
that is…other than to say that these particular ruins are 
"tiny" compared to the ever-popular and world renowned 
"Machu Picchu"...in Peru.

In short we enjoyed a really nice day...even with the 3 
hours or so each way on a bus and...I got to see something 
other than Cuenca.





















Other than the above and as I hinted in the previous Blog…
my big focus now is…on my upcoming trip to Thailand...
i.e. ...

“LOS” as in “Land of Smiles”

To tell you the truth…I feel like the mammoth and 
powerful rocket…tied to its Gantry…waiting for 
ignition and it’s subsequent “lift-off”.

In the meantime…my “hectic life” in these environs (LOL) 
take precedence and…must be endured. ..ahhhh…
such is life!

Now even though I’m a tad less than 2 months from the 
start of my East Asia trip…I am not idle.  My immediate 
focus is on finding a suitable and affordable place…to 
call my own temporarily…for my month in Chiang Mai.

Thankfully my friend Jim (living in Chiang Mai)...
is being an enormous help to me in checking out a 
couple of Guesthouses. This…after some fairly intense 
Internet searches. Also living the good life in Chiang Mai…
is my friend Larry who has suggested my staying in the 
Guesthouse that he’s currently enjoying.

Unfortunately…I can be “picky” and this time is...
"no exception". 

I have this “active focus” on staying within the bounds 
of Old Chiang Mai’ [Walled City] and not (even though 
it’s within walking distance) outside the Mote.

Some may call this being “thick-headed”…so be it! 

So…as of this moment…in my search for a guesthouse 
and depending on updates…I await and anticipate the 
offing from mi amigo…Jim. 

Incidentally…the aforementioned search has been 
narrowed down to [one] place with the easily pronounced 
name (LOL) for westerners of….
Fueng Fa [FWENG FA] Place! 

I may be jumping the gun…but here is the link to the 
guesthouse for those that are interested. The rates that 
you will see are in Thai Baht…which "currently" 
convert to roughly...30 THB to 1 USD... 
www.fuengfaplace.com/index.html

So…now you have a fairly good (but admittedly) short 
idea as to what is happening in my life…
here below the Equator.

Until next time mi amigos y amigas...

No comments:

Post a Comment