Monday, June 14, 2010




14 de JUNIO de 2010


Hi…it’s me again J

OK...if you recall…in my last entry I alluded to my “planned” dia toristo
(tourist day).
Notice I said “planned”…and that I had "every intention" of doing a little
exploration via the sight-seeing tour outside of the confines of old Cuenca.

So what happened you may ask…J

Well…I tried to go to sleep the night before but subconsciously…I guess my mind was working overtime and well…sleep was just not in the cards that night. Truthfully I did manage a few catnaps but…that proved to be 
insufficient as yours truly overslept and missed the proverbial boat. 
So…I guess the trip will be forth coming hopefully in the not to distant future.

I say “not too distant near future” because of a big change coming
to this theatre LOL...starting the beginning of next month.

What happened you ask…well remember in my last rant I mentioned that
I decided to eventually move out of my apartmento. Well this morning...
I made a call to an English speaking Cuencano whom I was recently introduced to.
He…who besides being a computer-tech repairman…also does apartment finding and real estate on the side.

To make a long story short…I will be moving to my new digs as of 1 Julio (July).

OK…where to begin!

The El Apartemento is right in Centro Cuenca…i.e. “heart of Cuenca” and
very close to El Parque Calderone (my new backyard)...
as in one block from my new digs J.

The building itself is tall for the area…as in 6 stories high...in of which
I will be on the 5th Fl. and… with a really cool view. The apartemento is nowhere
as large as my current place and is sort of an efficiency...
which by the way is fine by me.

As for furnishing(s)…no complaints there! Rent “includes” all furniture and appliances…wifi…t.v…water..gas & electric plus phone (good throughout Ecuador only) and…the rent (all inclusive) is the same as what I’m paying now.

I’ve also been told that across the hall from me is a woman (from U.S.) in one apartemento…as is also a man (from U.S.) in another apartemento and two others that I didn’t catch from where they hail.

What I am losing…is my “hike” and “climbing” up (and down) the hill and of course the “walk into town”. This does not mean however that I won’t be getting any exercise as…I will still be walking in and around town. Also…since I’m not exactly
a person who likes elevators…
I’m already planning my exercise re: climbing the 5 flights of stairs. Time will tell and I shall see how that goes…but I feel that the stairs should not present a problem for me.

The owner by the way…is a woman who speaks very little English but apparently there is help via the other tenants in the building re: interpretation etc.
In addition...my Espanol lessons will help too...and might just possibly encourage my learning at a faster rate.J

And now if you’ll excuse me…I need to go and tell my present landlord the news of my upcoming move!

Hasta Luego J

No comments:

Post a Comment