Monday, June 7, 2010

6 de Junio 2010

Yes…yes…I know it’s been a week since I wrote anything. 
Well there’s a good reason. 
And when I think of it…rest assured you’ll be the first to know J

Seriously though…there wasn’t much to elaborate about. 
That’s not to say that I haven’t been doing anything…
just not too much of anything worthwhile. Hey…I’m allowed J

Just to backup a wee bit…

Yesterday I originally planned on being “out-of-town” 
and being part of a tour group doing some exploring of 
neighboring “hamlets” (for lack of a better word). 
This tour was to encompass the whole day. 
However what I didn’t want...was to be the “sole” tourist. 
Unfortunately…this is exactly what the outcome was promising to be.

So with this in mind I scrubbed the tour plans and went ahead 
with accepting an invitation to meet a group of Expats at the 
Inca Lounge & Restaurant for a mid-afternoon Comedy Show. 
OK…now I’m all set!

Surprise…as luck would have it I received an e-mail from the tour 
company stating they now had three other people for the tour. 
However…by this time I had made up my mind to opt for the comedy 
and camaraderie of other Expats. Anyway... I told the tour people to 
keep me in mind for next week-end…we’ll see!

That said and done…we now magically skip to today…
Domingo (Sunday). 

As I had the morning to kill…I did the “head of the house” chore thing
of re-supplying the food-stock(s)...i.e. shopping.  
With the shopping chore completed and supplies stored...
it was now time to get ready for my afternoon out…re: comedy time. 
So...yours truly…got ready and out I went to grab the first cab I could find.

Remember It’s S-U-N-D-A-Y!
Too prove this point the taxi’s that are usually in high evidence…
well weren’t! In fact the (finally) first cab indicated that he didn’t know...
where I wanted to go...hmmmm L

Luckily I didn’t need to wait too long for the next beauty of a cab driver. 
When I told him where I wanted to go 
(I made sure to print translated directions)...he had the audacity 
to tell me Tres Dolars (Three Dollars). Now normally 
this is a $1.50 cab ride. So…my comeback to him was Dos Dolars. 
Bottom line…it was getting late and no other cabs in sight…
we settled on Two and a half bucks.

Now...that wouldn’t have been bad if “he new” where I wanted to go 
(remember he had instructions in Spanish). Long story short…
he dropped me off…for the equivalent of about 3 long blocks 
from where I needed to be. Actually more...as I had to hike up the hill 
to the main street and then down and back to the river …
as that is where the Inca Bar is located. By the way…by this time it was 
past showtime [3pm] and I was not a happy camper to say the least!

Anyway…once down the very long and deep staircase…I turned right and…
OMG…there right in front of me was the Inca Bar. Even more amazing...
there were Norte Americanos eating at outdoor tables. But...
there was a reason for them being outside…the reason…
I was all too soon to find out was that the Comedy Show was canceled 
do to a misunderstanding between management and...who-knows-who-else!

With this information and along with not actually knowing anyone…
and being the only “single” there… I decided to "exit stage right" back 
(actually hike “up” the stairs) into town and treat myself to a...
very early dinner at the Austria Inn. 
Now I could have eaten at the Inca (haven't tried it yet)…
as I've heard they serve an amazing burger etc. However… 
I am very comfortable at Cafe Austria and also had previously planned...
on "one day" having the restaurant's Weinerschnitzle. 
Incidentally…the reviews for this dish well…are “RAVES”.

Anyway after surviving the climb  “up the long flight of many many steps”…
and trudging through town again…I arrived at Café Austria J

Well the “raves” were "well deserved". 
Not only was the Weinerschnitzel done too perfection…
but the portion was ...HUGE!

Of course…I don’t know if any of you have ever tried Weinerschnitzle but...
usually it is “butterfly’d before it is deep-fried. 
My dish...not butterfly'd and was presented on a large plate which
consisted of three huge pieces of Weinerschnitzel. This was accompanied by
French Fries and fresh sliced tomatoes…along with a side of a few pieces of
Garlic Bread...Salsa and of course Un Beer…heaven J
Yes…I know…not a healthy dish…but just at that time I needed “comfort food “.

Oh...incidently all of the above...Diez Dolars (Ten Bucks including Tip!)

So my friends…that was my day (week-end?).

Hopefully tomorrow I will hear from my Abugado (attorney)...that she has
indeed received my papers from the Ecuadorian Embassy in D.C. 
At that point my “residencia” process can actually start. Also in that vein…
I need to get a notorece (notarized) copy of my passport...
which then has to be mailed (overnight) to my Abugado in Quito
for the real processing!

Fun..fun fun and more fun. 
Anyway…I know this news is keeping you on the edge of your seat J
I will no doubt keep you in the loop about all this exciting stuff.

Till then…I wish you well (Le deseo lo major

No comments:

Post a Comment