Friday, July 9, 2010

8 & 9 de Julio de 2010


8 de Julio de 2010

Hoy (today)…turned out to be a milestone of sorts.

After a quick phone call from my Abogado (attorney) last 
night…I proceeded to grab a taxi to the Aeropuerto. 
The reason for my seemingly irrational trip to the 
"jet-ways" this morning…was not what one might think 
were the actions of a normal person.

Caught ye’ J 

You’ve gotta’ keep in mind that...
we’re “not in Kansas anymore” ;)

I...as most of you are aware…am now residing in 
Ecuador…where they do things just a little differently 
than first world countries. What I’m referring to…
is the way priority mail is handled. Yes…there is 
FeEx. etc. However…those “in the know” use a 
domestic airline (in this case TACA Airlines) for a very 
reliable…very inexpensive and very fast delivery service.

To give you an idea…the very ordinary envelope 
containing my passport and the attorneys check for her 
final fee cost all of $1.30. This envelope by the way…
would be delivered to Quito Aeropurto by 5 p.m. today. 
The envelope will then be picked up by my attorney’s 
office. 

Incidentally you may be wondering why I mailed my 
passport. Simple…it needs to be “officially stamped” 
showing that I am now a legal resident of Ecuador.

Once this is accomplished the passport will be returned 
(reverse processto me via TACA Airlines. 
This hopefully will occur manana (tomorrow). 
My attorney has explained to me that if for some reason 
the process is delayed a bit (poco)…then the passport 
will be returned on Monday instead. This…
by the way is fine by me as long at it gets here!

I know this may sound sort of weird to anyone outside 
of Ecuador's' borders but apparently…this is the norm! 
In either case…you can be rest assured that I will 
“keep you in the loop” so to speak.

Other than the above and the fact…that I treated myself 
to a nice lunch at Kookabura Café and followed by some 
quality time enjoying El Parke Calderone denizens along 
with…la sol de los dias (the days sunshine).

Well that me amigos basically filled my day.

I will however continue this rant…in all likelihood 
manana.  So until then…I wish you all a good night 
(yo deseo todo el una noche de dios) J

Hola again :)

As promised it is now Friday (9 de Julio de 2010)…
It's late afternoon and...
No…I have not heard from mi abogado (my attorney)…
which by the way is not a big surprise. 

Remember…this is Ecuador! J

So my day was basically filled with mundane chores 
as in food shopping…taking clothes to the laundry and 
just basically chillin’ and playing around on the 
‘ol computer. I did however…have plans to go to 
Zoe’s Friday nights’ Expat’s get together but…
belive it or not…yes this IS hard to believe...

El Weatherman’s forcast actually came true…
not to mention also that it was on time…YIKES!!! 
As I’m sure you already guessed…

IT IS RAINING…AND RAINING HARD!!!!

Anyway it’s now almost 4:30pm…Zoe’s expats 
gathering starts getting up to speed about 5 pm 
(actually about 5:30).  So…as of this moment I 
have absolutely no idea if I’ll be getting out this evening. 

Yes…it’s nice seeing people and possibly "new" 
acquaintances. However…If this rain keeps up…
well I guess all will wait until next weeks gathering :(

Guess what…my phone just rang and it was my 
abogado (attorney). She did indeed get my passport :)  :)
but the “official” who needs to sign & stamp the 
“residencia” doo-hickeys on my passport is...
nowhere to be found.

Hmmmm…let’s see! 
It’s late Friday afternoon and the “oficial” isn’t around. 
I am shocked !!!!!! J
Anyway, she told me the passport etc. will be done 
and “flown” back to me on Monday 
(actually for Tuesday pick-up).

By the way…yes...it's still raining and the prospect of me 
going to Zoe’s …or anywhere for that matter…is looking 
very very dim indeed L

Soooo…as always there is a bright side. This being that I 
won’t be spending any more money today.

However…manana I am meeting a guy (who was in my 
Espanol classfor lunch at a nearby restaurant. 
However…this is one place I’ve never been too…
nor have I heard anything about it. All I can tell you is 
that it’s also across from El Parke Calderone 
(Cuenca Centro) and that I’ve spied people inside who 
looked very content.

Incidently…just realized…but the rain has gotten quite 
a bit lighter. I guess time…and how high my desire for 
companionship will be and along with the rain actually 
stopping will determine...
whether it’s a “go..no go” decision.

I know...I know...
this is “earth-shaking” news for you JJ

OK...I take it all back as the rain has increased…
again ARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway…to end this ridiculous diatribe…
I no doubt will be scribing more of my exciting 
happenings in the very near future.

Until then Senor’s…Senoras y Senoritas

I bid you sunshine…happiness and of course 
good health. J J
(La hice una oferta sol, los happines y por supuesto 
Buena salud) J J



No comments:

Post a Comment