Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend - plus...wrap-up


12 DE JULIO DE 2010

You know what…I’ve discovered it’s extremely easy 
to lose track of time in Cuenca.

The last time I scribed my thoughts into this Blog was 
on the 9th which by the way…was Friday {Viernes}. 
Today is the 12th   i.e. Monday {Lunes}.

In plain language and for those of you who may be 
mathematically challenged (LOL)…with the exception 
of going to meet my friend for lunch (mi amigo por 
Almuerzo)…well I’ll be damned if I can remember 
what else I did on Sabado (Saturday). 
[I’ll get back to the lunch en uno momento].

Yesterday (here we go again) ;) which was Domingo 
{Sunday}…well it was one of those days that 
El Weatherman said it was going to be…not just rainy…
but nasty. Yeah…uh-huh...tell me more!!!!!!

In all fairness I do have to say it did indeed rain [about... 
10 minutes worth] late in the afternoon. However…
yours truly “dumbly” listened to the idiot forecast. 
In plain language…I said to myself…”self” we 
(myself & Iare going to stay in…and stay dry. Well I 
did. The most exciting thing I did yesterday was watch 
a DVD and…you know what…what I did…was to 
experience once again my “Domingo Relaxation Day” J.
This by the way …is a good thing J

That said and done…time to continue with the lunch 
experienced this past Saturday.

Before I go on though I must say one thing 
(OK maybe a couple of things)…

First of all the name of el restaurante (I think) is El 
Cantina which… incidentally I could be wrong.
Secondly…they did not offer an Almuerzo…which 
needless to say was a disappointment. 
This…for a couple of reasons.

You see…Almuerzo besides being downright 
inexpensive (do I hear the word “cheap”?) also 
gives one a chance to get a feel and more importantly…
a taste of the restaurants fare not to mention the staff and 
overall ambience. 
The former by the way…usually is non-existent!

Anyway after perusing El Menu…guess what? 
Discounting the fact the entire menu was in Espanol 
(not making things easy)…I settled on Soupa de Patata 
(Potato soup) with thick slices of Guacamole and Cheese. 
Incidentally…the cheese was something I decided on 
foregoing and to be fair…
el soupa was very good and quite large.

Now getting back to El Menu.

Being that I had a hard time of making heads or tails of 
said menu…I settled for a hamburguersa (other-wise 
known to all as a hamburger). What can I say…
it was good…it was large...it had everything one could 
imagine on it.

This by the way…was too much “everything” for yours 
truly sooo…I had to do some “de-constructing”. 
Oh…it also came with French Fries (Patatas Fritas). 
OK enough of the foody stuff! 

To end this segment I want to say this. 
Overall…pretty good. Will I go back? The answer 
(I know your waiting with bated-breath here) is yes…
but with a but! I will re-visit el restaurante…but not 
for lunch. I will however return for the Desayuno 
(Breakfast) mainly do to the fact that I have heard 
it was good and…well…cheap!

OK…the “extremely busy” week-end J J is now 
history and…surprise…It is Lunes (Monday)! That said…
to be honest it is now 4:30 pm…so it’s "review" time.

Not a real exciting day…but…hey “everything” J J I do
can‘t be exciting. So today was (and in order) a day for 
visiting the ATM machine for some needed “moola”…
then a quickie stop at el farmacia for a re-supply of my 
BP meds. From there it was back to "mi apartemento to 
secure the ATM funds in a safe place.

While I was in my abode…my neighbor Pete knocked 
on my door (puerta) and helped me kill about a half hour 
visiting. As for Pete…he seems like a normal nice guy…
but too soon to say weather this will develop into a true 
friendship or maybe just another acquaintance. We shall 
see what the future holds. Speaking of holds…I long ago 
stopped “holding my breath” when it came to [new] 
possible friendships and or relationships. 
Time...will of course prove to be the judge!

Anyway…after Pete’s quickie visit I headed on down 
the ‘ol staircase (I’ve been quite good at avoiding the 
elevator) and ended up just perusing the immediate area. 
Of course after my window shopping/stroll and the time 
being past 1 pm…I ended up in Raymipampa Café y 
Restaurante…which to refresh your memory…is across 
from the eastern side of El Parque Calderone.

Without going into what I consumed and other than to 
say it was beyond expectations…I then relaxed and 
people watched on a park bench. Of course…one can 
only sit so long (at least me anyway) before getting 
bored.

So…off I meandered for a few blocks of taking-in 
some scenery etc. hence returning to and once again…
doing my “exercise climb up the five (5) flights of stairs” 
to mi apartemento J .

Note: While I have been sitting here and pouring my heart 
and soul onto this blog J…it has once again…yes it’s that 
word again…RAINED…but I was inside J J

With that mi amigos y amigas…

Hasta Luego J


No comments:

Post a Comment