Sunday, July 25, 2010

An Unplanned and Late Posting


{Note: My Apologies...
As I Thought I Had Already Posted This}

LUNES (Monday) 19 de Julio de 2010

I had really no intention of writing so soon after my last 
entry but…as trivial as this might seem I felt it was worth
sharing.

Being that I had virtually nothing worthwhile in my 
humble abode to conjure up Desayuno (Breakfast)…
I strolled down my six (6) flights of stairs…made a left for 
a half block and then a short few feet to Raymipampa 
Restaurante for a decent bite. Now this is not a new thing 
to either you or myself. However the driving force behind 
my penning this entry was a very…very tiny event that 
presented itself “en el restaurante”.

A while ago I said I would not go into the actual 
composition of any particular meal anymore. Well…this 
is the exception which will allow you to understand my 
compulsion to scribe this entry.

This morning I had once again what is fast becoming my 
irregular morning meal at Raymipampa…consisting of 
Choice of Eggs…2 fresh baked individual bread loaves….
“Fresh and Natural (my choice) Pineapple Juice and 
(it came in Large Beer Mug)…I also ordered…and this is 
the kicker…a Large Coffee instead of the normal and 
smallish “cup of coffee”.

Well…all was as expected with the exception of the 
coffee…yet to be brought to my table. In a few minutes 
however…this was resolved as the waitress brought…
yes…a large mug of steaming hot coffee.

So…now I was satisfied…finished the meal…enjoyed the 
large coffee immensely and preceded to the register and as
yet...unaware of the actual cost of the meal. Now...
normally (normal coffee included) the cost would be 
$2.20 however…with the large coffee…well anyone’s 
guess.

Now if this was anywhere else...the States…Thailand…
wherever…one would expect to pay…and pay over and 
above the norm for that extra large coffee…right? So…
after telling (no written bill mind you) the cashier my 
order including con CafĂ© Grande (with a large coffee)…
she pointed to the register…and…wonders of wonders…
$2.20 y no une centavo mas (not a cent more)!

I know this was not “earth-shaking” but...
I felt I just had to share.

So…now I’m off to do some real exciting stuff like…
taking in my laundry…stopping at the bookshop for 
my “long awaited" mail from Aor and then on to 
SuperMaxi to do some much needed grocery 
replenishment!

So for now and after this unscheduled rant…

Hasta Luego…a usted todo (to you all)...

No comments:

Post a Comment